Do you know that your uncooked rice can last up to one year? Should you keep it dry and store the grains in an airtight environment, the duration can be even longer.
The best rice storage container keeps moisture and UV light at bay to ensure your rice retains its fluff and taste. When choosing, the size of your container is the first pointer. However, you’ll also need to ensure that the container is toxic-free, BPA-free, and made of food-grade materials. All these cues, added to the varying costs and designs, can sometimes make landing a perfect container a bit energy-draining.
Fortunately for you, we’ve reviewed a list of 10 premium containers that guarantee nothing less than value for the buck. Read on to find a match that suits your preference and the type of grain you’re storing.
Top Picks : 5 Best Rice Storage Containers
Top 10 Best Rice Storage Containers Reviews- 2021
1. Uppetly Rice Airtight Dry Food Storage Containers
Uppetly is not just the regular container you usually see in your local store or supermarket. Instead, it’s a complete set of everything you need to pack, store, and unpack the rice without spilling a grain. To start with, the set includes a stainless steel whisk that is perfect for baking. Then comes the holder bin with a spout for pouring grains into secondary containers.
Accompanying the holder is a measuring cup for cereals, including oatmeal, maize, and flour. Then finally, you’ll find a stainless steel whisk for removing chaffs and other smaller unwanted particles from your grain. Uppetly holds up to 2.5KG. The body is a transparent BPA-free material with four strong buckles at the top. Surrounding the lid at the top is a silicone seal for keeping the container even more airtight.
- Clear containers: with this container, you can easily find everything directly since it is constructed from high quality clear visible plastic body. The airtight container can be used for storing flour, beans, rice, and other dry foods.
- Portable handle: the storage container is designed with portable handles, making it ideal for both indoor use and convenient for outdoor activities, including hiking, traveling, and parking
- Four strong buckles: this product comes with four strong buckles to ensure it locks better and protect your dry and fresh foods
- Ergonomic grip and portable spout: the portable spout allows you to pour out food easily without opening the container, even for small containers. The ergonomic grip enables you to pour easily and comfortably.
- Slim design: its slim design makes it occupy less space and easily fits into your kitchen for it to look organized and free more space
- Durable body for years of use
- Ideal for other cereals such as wheat and oatmeal
- It weighs only a few pounds; hence highly portable
- A transparent body allows for checking the grain level
- The body is wider and shorter; not easy to hold with small hands.
2. Komax Biokips Large Food Storage Container
Komax Biokips started as a pet’s food holder. But with time, it has become so versatile to the extent that it’s ideally perfect for almost anything. It can store any type of grain–rice, flour, oatmeal, groundnuts, peas, name it. The snap-closure technology makes it even better when looking to create an airtight dispenser for dry food.
Standing 7.4 inches, the BPA-free body comes in a decent size that holds up to 20 pounds of rice—alternative hoards +10 pounds of pet food or +15 pounds of floors. Even better, this container is stackable so that you can line small tins or storage containers inside vertically. It is also heatproof and dishwasher-safe for efficient storage and maintenance. The top is sealed with a permanent lid that comes with a door at one end. With only a snap of the edges that seal the door into place, you can conveniently scoop grains from inside.
- Durable and sizable: due to its durable, stackable, and sizable designs makes the food storage container perfect for dispensing both dry and pet food.
- Airtight: with the help of the sleek open door hatch and measuring cup, you can easily scoop the food without having to open the container.
- BPA-free, recyclable material: the container is made from food-grade material hence being health and environment friendly.
- Simple shape: it features a simple shape making it easy to clean and dry. Besides, it is freezer and dishwasher safe.
- Decent-sized to hold enough cereal
- It comes in a durable plastic body for years of use
- Without a lid, its microwave and dishwasher safe
- Airtight Silicone seal perfect for up to 2-years storage
- It is not leak-proof
3. Rice Storage Bin Cereal Containers
Keeping a spotless grain store is one of the main reasons you’re hunting for the best rice container. If this is the case, this cereal container by TBMax comes with a spout dispenser that will melt your heart. Not only that, the kit contains a plastic scoop with calibrations for precision measurements. This scoop doubles as a cover for the top spout, hence removing all avenues for spilling.
This container is exclusively plastic-made. It is durable, stable, BPA-free, and food-grade. The top is a silicone seal that keeps it airtight. Whether you are storing rice, nuts, flours, snacks, pet foods, or anything else, it will keep moisture at bay. For added efficiency, make sure to keep the seal closed and every-time intact. Also, the compact body makes this container your best fit for use inside the refrigerator or pantry organization.
- Pour spout, grooves, and handles: the cereal container comes with a pour spout and measuring cup to ensure mess-free pouring. The grooves and handles offer extra hand grip and hold.
- Airtight design: the bin features two sealing gaskets and 2 side locking lids to ensure airtight food storage. Your dry food will be safe from moisture and pests.
- Clear containers: it comes designed with transparent visible bodies for a natural look without opening the container.
- Space-saving: you will enjoy its space-saving design, which allows you to arrange the bins in the pantry or kitchen cabinet. Plus, its slim feature makes it ideal for storing in the fridge or pantry.
- Compact design makes it highly portable
- Calibration on the plastic scoop excellent for precision measurements
- Ideal for use with a variety of cereals
- Ideal for use inside refrigerators for added food shelf-life
- Not heatproof
4. Extra Large Tall Food Storage Containers
Sometimes, one container may not be enough; you may need multiple containers for your cereals. Well, this product comes as a set that contains two containers, both large enough to hold 213 oz of rice, respectively. The set includes eight reusable chalkboards for labeling the containers. You’ll also find measuring cups for each container to ensure you don’t mix up the grains.
The containers are BPA-proof and stand 11.3 inches high. At the top is a side locking seal to keep the inside airtight. Even with one year of storage, the freshness of your grain will remain, provided they were dried enough. Plus, the body is waterproof, so you won’t worry about your grains getting spoilt unless you open the seal and add water inside. Lastly, the set is sealed in a beautiful package, making it a perfect gift to partners, family members, and associates.
- Side locking lids: thanks to the side locking lids, which prolong food storage and maximize its freshness. They ensure that your food is protected from air and water.
- Space-saving design: these containers are stackable to easily fit into your kitchen cabinets, freezer, or refrigerator. This makes your kitchen to be organized and free up space.
- Versatility: the food storage containers are ideal for storing dry foods, including chips, flour, pasta, tea, cereals, beans, rice, sugar, snacks, coffee, and grain.
- Complete package: it comes with 2 food storage containers, 4 measuring cups, a chalkboard pen, and 8 reusable labels. The package is an ideal gift to family, friends among others.
- Durable plastic containers
- Ideal for use inside the refrigerator
- Decent-sized enough for keeping a good amount of cereals
- Versatile for storing nuts, snacks, and any cereal
- The lid sticks tightly and can be hard to open
5. JapanBargain S-, Japanese Plastic Kome Bitsu Raw Rice Storage Container
The enchanting beauty of any premium rice storage container lies in its design tweaks. Well, JapanBargain features a rectangular body that promises nothing less than superb attraction. The top is a seal that snaps into place to keep the container airtight for year-long cereal storage. There is no doubt that you’ll like the white color of the lid and its smooth surface that is easy to clean.
JapanBargain looks simple; however, it’s sturdy enough to withstand years of wear and tear. The container is roomy enough to hold up to 22lbs (10Kgs) of rice. It also works perfectly when storing other types of grains and processed flours. This container doesn’t promise a lot, yet you can rest assured to get value for your back with its price tag. It sits well on a counter, such as facets of the kitchen. You can rest it inside a drawer with a capacity of more than 14L x 9W X13H inches.
- You can store the older rice with a rice container if you want to fill it again because of its unique design.
- Moisture-proof and anti-mite: the container prevents moisture from the air and mites from getting into the grains and ensures it remains fresh and dry.
- Space-saving: its size makes it ideal for storage in a kitchen cabinet or pantry. It makes the kitchen look organized and free up space.
- Cheaper compared to most variants
- A unique rectangular shape offers excellent appeal.
- Perfect for a wide range of grains and nuts
- The snap-closure system is airtight
- Not heatproof
- Not suitable for use inside the refrigerator
6. Rice Storage Container with Wheels Seal Locking Lid
The buzz of life sometimes demands shredding off some burdens to enjoy life to the fullest. In places such as trips and vacations, carrying your rice container from one place to another can make your life miserable. If that is the case, this container by EonTon has you covered since it comes with wheels. All you need is to drag or push the load from one place to another.
As if that’s not enough, this container packs a tight and moisture-free seal that is also heat-resistant. The body is made with sturdy plastic that won’t crack even after toppling. While the top is a 45-degree indented transparent cover that lets you scoop enough rice whenever you intend. With this container, you can keep up to 3.6Gal/80 cups/15L of rice. But you’re not limited; you can store soybeans, cornflour, beans, and oatmeal as well.
- Safe material: the rice container is made from food-grade PP plastic which is BPA-free and odorless. The container can withstand high temperatures and doesn’t release harmful chemicals.
- Clear window and waterproof: with the transparent flip lid, you can see directly without opening the box hence preventing moisture and dust and keeping the food dry and fresh.
- Intelligent design: it has a unique appearance, and its edges are rounded and polished to prevent hurting your fingers. Moreover, its seamless design makes the storage container easy to clean and dry.
- Two wheels and measuring cup: it is equipped with two wheels at the bottom to make it portable. The 2 measuring cups help in keeping the food clean and dry when measuring.
- Versatility: the rice storage container is perfect for storing rice, corn, beans, flour, oatmeal, sugar, soybeans, pet food, and bakery supplies.
- Simple design that reveals exquisite artistry
- Food-grade body perfect for preventing toxification
- Also ideal for storing cat and dog foods
- Easy to transport from one place to the other
- Heatproof for added efficiency
- They are very low profile, so you’ve got to bend when scooping rice.
7. WAQIA Rice Bucket Rice Storage Box
WAQIA Rice Bucket combines classic designs with modern storage technology to develop a compact box that goes beyond just storing rice. It also holds small-grained cereals such as wheat, sorghum, and almonds. Save for its superfine sleek edges; this ice bucket is one in a million options to consider whenever you want to complement your interior décor. It sits well at the corner of your room and can confuse someone with a water dispenser.
What’s more astounding in this bucket is its press button. When you press the button, a spout opens, and the grains dispatches down and outwards. A tray is embedded just below the button to capture the falling grains. And since the tray has calibration, you can correctly measure the amounts depending on your recipe’s details. For added efficiency, this box is anti-mite, anti-heat, and anti-light. It’s made with food-grade PP that is sturdy enough for years of use.
- Moisture-proof and anti-mite: the storage box comes with an excellent seal to prevent moisture and mite from getting to the food hence remaining fresh and healthy.
- High quality and safe material: for safety, the box is made of PP material body hence can last longer without wearing out. You don’t have to worry about safety since the material is highly absorbent.
- Automatic meter: interestingly, with this bucket, you can automatically quantify your grains; you only need to press one key to measure them automatically.
- Visual scale: the storage box features a visual scale window to allow you to see the edges at any time quickly.
- Ideal for wide application: you can use this rice bucket to store different whole grains in the kitchen cabinet or pantry.
- It sits well in drawers and on counters or tabletops
- Decent storage of up to 12KG capacity
- It comes in two fantastic blue and blue color choices
- Durable for years of use
- The plastic tray is frail and can break easily
8. Letusto Rice Dispenser
Keeping in touch with your kitchen’s most basic needs should be on your list of priorities when splurging. Well, this product is mainly a dispenser that will save you the hassle of arranging your kitchen. Its compact design fits well among other essential accessories such as dishwasher, toasting machine, oven, and a lot. However, this container’s pride is its one-touch button that opens a groove to allow the rice to drain freely into a bowl. Unlike most boxes in the same caliber, the groove closes immediately and you let the button free, so you won’t have to worry about the rice spilling.
Letusto rice dispenser is only made with rice storage in mind. It comes with a BPA-free body that protects from heat and moisture. The base is wide enough to support the body without toppling. And since there are no seams or seals, this box doesn’t easily break, so you can rest assured of durability. It weighs 9.58 pounds when empty and comes with a capacity enough to store 26lb of rice.
- Double-sided lock buckle: you can keep your grains fresh and dry in this dispenser because it features a double-sided lock buckle that prevents moisture and dust from getting in.
- One-touch system: with this feature, you can easily set up the number of grains you want, and each time you press the button, it gives the correct amount.
- Compact: thanks to its compact design, which allows you to put the dispenser in a place you feel comfortable without any challenge
- Compatibility: you don’t need to store only rice; with this, you can use it to store other grains without challenges.
- Highly durable for years of use
- The compact classical design makes it a perfect gift
- Dispenser works flawlessly with rice grains
- Complements the kitchen interior decor
- Pricier compared to other variants
9. Rice Storage Container
A Rice bucket is a storage container that is large enough to hold up to 27lbs of rice. His capacity makes it an ideal bet when looking for a small granary for your home. Even more, it stores other types of cereals, snacks, and nuts. You can as well use it as a sugar cane, especially when working in a restaurant. The body is a PP-material erected bottle high to keep it away from dust. Also, it’s highly permeable to keep the grains fresh.
Rice bucket comes packed with a good seal that creates an airtight room inside that is perfect for storing dry cereals for years. You’ll also like how effective it is to control heat to remove a humid environment. The sealable lid improves the shelf-life of grains inside, while the drain holes at the bottom make for an easy clean. For portability, you can use the extended hold handles for maximum grip. When full, this container holds 12kg of rice and weighs only 3.49 pounds when empty.
- Moisture-proof: With the good seals’ help, it prevents moisture into the grains and ensures the grains remain dry and fresh.
- Safe and high-quality material: the container body is made from PP material hence high permeability. This guarantees you food safety.
- Sizeable feature: the rice bin comes with a large capacity of about 27 lbs to meet all your family and friends’ needs.
- Versatility: the storage containers are best for storing beans, rice, sugar, snacks, nuts, and pet food, among other foods.
- Easy to install and clean: due to its superior holding power, you can easily stack it on a wall or refrigerator door to save space. The container features draining holes to drain and clean quickly.
- Versatile for storing sugar, nuts, and cereals
- Built sturdily to last years
- Seamless design makes for excellent visuals
- Calibrated dispensers ensure precision measurements.
- Shutting the lid can be a bit daunting
10. WWahuayuan Rice Storage Tank and Box Food
If you need a small storage tank for your rice, then WWahuayuan is your ideal bet. This storage container holds up to 12kg of rice, making it perfect for a large family or small restaurant. Even with this large capacity, it doesn’t compromise on space since it is compact to fit in the smallest area possible. The body is a food-grade PP material that is also environmentally friendly. It produces no smell even when exposed to moisture.
The seal is all-rounded to block all moisture from landing the inside to keep the grains fresh and healthy. For effortless use, this container comes with a visual scale window that you can use to stuff fresh grains inside. The window also lets users see through the inside to gauge the store’s rice or grain level. Additionally, the container comes with a scale to quantify rice and other whole grains such as wheat and nuts.
- Airtight design: the storage tank comes with an excellent seal to prevent moisture into the grains, remaining fresh and dry.
- High-quality material: the storage box is constructed from food-grade PP material which is eco-friendly and can withstand high temperatures without producing harmful chemicals.
- Round button and visual scale: you can automatically quantify rice and other whole grains by pressing the meter’s key. The visual scale allows you to observe all the edges of the containers anytime.
- Multipurpose: with this food storage container, you can store various grains, including sugar, nuts, flour, rice, oatmeal, among others.
- Come in a compact design for use with the least space
- The tray at the bottom of the dispenser ideal for convenient use
- The sleek design is perfect for complement kitchen beauty
- Versatile for storing other types of grains and sugar
- Can easily knock over
When buying rice containers, you need to keep in mind these factors to value your money. They include:
The first thing to consider is the durability of the container. It is vital to choose one made of premium quality material to ensure your grains remain fresh and dry. Moreover, a container with good sealing ensures that the rice is protected from moisture and dust.
- Lock buckles design
A container designed with a locking buckle is an excellent container because it maintains the rice and whole grains freshness. The feature also helps the container to prevent moisture and other pests from entering the container.
- Easy to assemble
You should choose a container that is easy to assemble with ease. You don’t need an expert or a manual to set it up within a few minutes without any hassle. The manufacturer should also offer the support you want to sort out the assembling problem.
- Excellent outlet channel
Another vital feature to consider is a container with a great outlet channel. An automatic outlet channel will be easy to use since it gives exact quantity and closes after taking out the required amount. The design prevents grains from being stuck and pouring excess rice.
When it comes to container capacity, ensure you choose one that will suit your storage needs and preferences. It should offer excellent storage capacity to enable you to keep your grains fresh and dry without worrying about the container size.
If you want to store other grains apart from rice, you can choose a multipurpose container. With this storage container, you can store flour, cereals, nuts, baking supplies, and pet food, among other dry grains.
- Ergonomic design
Choose a rice container that enables you to get grains without opening the sealed lid by dispensing to prevent moisture or dust from getting in. A measuring cup helps you monitor the rice quantity.
How do you preserve rice for long-term storage?
There are several ways you can preserve your rice for a longer time. They protect your long-term rice storage from moisture, dust, and pests. Here are some of the simple and affordable ways.
- Airtight containers
You can store your rice in airtight containers to prevent moisture, dust, and pests from getting in. This is because the container features side locks to seal it completely. To make this method more effective, you can add oxygen absorbers to keep the content fresh and dry. This doesn’t mean that containers without oxygen absorbers will not preserve the content for a long time.
- Mylar bags
Another way to store your rice for a long time is the use of Mylar bags. You need to put the rice in the Mylar bags with an oxygen absorber and seal the bags. Due to its impermeability, the rice will be protected from oxidation, moisture, dust, and pests.
- PETE bottles
You use PETE bottles such as soda bottles and peanut jars to store a small amount of rice. You should clean and dry the food-grade plastic container. If you have oxygen absorbers, you can add to enhance the freshness, although not a must. Seal the lids tight. Since the bottles are transparent, store them in a place without light.
You can also consider storing a freezer if you want to keep a small amount of rice for a long time. Storing rice in a sealed container in the freezer will prevent moisture and other contaminants from getting in. you can also put the rice in its heavy-duty freezer bag. However, in case of power shortage or freezer damages, then this method may not work effectively.
- #10 Can
You also store your rice in cans depending on their sizes. You can keep small cans inside the kitchen cabinet or pantry, making the place look organized and free up space. However, if the can is larger, you need to use a sealer to prevent contaminants such as moisture, dust, and pests from getting in.
What is the best way to store rice?
The best way to store your rice is by keeping it in airtight containers. These containers have lock buckles that ensure no moisture, dust, light, and pests get in and enhance rice freshness and dryness. Here are the steps involved when storing rice.
Step 1: Choose an airtight container.
You should choose airtight containers to ensure your rice is appropriately stored. These containers include glass jars, #10 cans, food-grade plastic containers, and Mylar-type bags. Additionally, containers with pour spout and measuring cups will best.
Step 2: unpack the rice from its packaging.
Now remove the rice from its packaging and pour it into the container. You need to press out air as much as you can before sealing. It will help the rice to remain fresh and dry for a longer time.
Step 3: Place the container in s cool and dry area
Next, put the containers in cool and dry areas like the kitchen cabinet and pantry to protect the rice from pests, moisture and light so it can remain fresh and dry for a longer time.
Step 4: store the container in a fridge or freezer
If you have a fridge or freezer, you can store your container in it. It is the best option if you live in a hot and humid weather condition or are worried about pests invading the container.
Step 5: Enjoy your long term stored rice
You can use the rice within a year or two and enjoy its freshness.
How do you preserve rice for long-term storage?
Divide your rice into small amounts and drop them into mylar bags. Place an oxygen absorber insider the bag. Finally, place the bags inside an airtight container, ready for storage.
How long can dry rice and beans be stored?
Dry rice in a tight container can last more than one year. Two years is the maximum, just that it may have an awkward stale taste. Beans, too, can last two years when dried and kept in an airtight container.
Does rice need to be stored in an airtight container?
Yes, an airtight container eliminates moisture and oxygen that compromise the quality of rice. If you intend to keep the rice for long, make sure the grains are well-dried as well to reduce moisture.
Is it better to store rice in glass or plastic?
Plastic is a better choice for storing rice since it has poor heat conductivity than glass. A plastic container is 5 to 10 times lower in thermal conductivity than a glass of the same thickness. Meaning it resists heat to keep the quality of the rice.
Can you store rice in Mason jars?
Mason jars are excellent rice storage containers since they do not dissipate unwanted smells to the grains. They also form a perfect heat and moisture barrier that is better for keeping your fried rice quality.
Buying the best rice storage box is an excellent way to save your energy and cash going to the store often. The perfect container will also protect you from bizarre accidents such as when the rice goes stale or becomes poisoned. Also, a sealed box is what you need to prevent your grains from spilling every time you scoop a cup for your recipe.
However, acknowledging that you need a rice storage bucket is just but the beginning. Finding the best rice storage container that matches your preferences and style is another task altogether. We’re glad you remained tuned up to this point. Let us know what best works for you.